Intrauterine insemination treatment.
IUI is the first step towards fertility treatment after OI (ovarian Induction). This procedure is cost effective and increases the chances of pregnancy by 18-20%. The procedure starts with ovarian induction or stimulation of ovary; medications are given for development of one or more mature follicles in a woman’s ovaries. Then the follicles and endometrium are monitored by ultrasound scan and if required doctor might give gonadotropins injections to those whose egg are not growing. It is followed by an HCG injection to induce ovulation, the final maturation of the egg and loosening of the egg from the follicle wall. After 34-36 hours the male partners semen sample is collected and washed in which sperm is separated from the other components of the semen. Through a speculum the washed specimen of highly motile sperm is placed higher in the uterine cavity using a sterile, flexible catheter.
Right time to visit for IUI is second day of menstrual cycle.
Call Now +91 – 7997 60 61 62 and receive Top Quality Infertility care.
IUI Step-by-Step Guide
Initial Consultation with Neelima Fertility Specialist
Start of Treatment
Medications are given for development of one or more mature follicles in a woman’s ovaries.
Pelvic ultrasound scans are used to access the endometrium (lining of the womb) and to determine how the follicles are developing.
Ovulation induction cycles are followed by a HCG Injection to induce ovulation, the final maturation of the egg and loosening of the egg from the follicle wall.
It is done after 34-36 hours of HCG injection. Scan is done to confirm that follicle has ruptured. The male partner is advised to give semen sample which is specially washed in media and placed directly in uterus via a thin catheter. This is done to facilitate sperms to reach the Fallopian tubes and increase the chances of fertilization.
The couple is advised to have intercourse as per the ovulation scan and days suggested by the doctor.
Take the first step today
7997 60 61 62
A Quick Question
For whom IUI is suggested?
IUI treatment is suggested for:
- Patent(Open) falopian tubes
- Cervical factors- abnormalities of cervical mucus or cervical canal
- Unexplained infertility issues.
- Some ovulatory abnormalities – irregular menstrual cycles, PCOS
- Mostly normal sperm evaluation and complete absent of sperms in male(azoospermia) requiring donor sperms.
- Ejaculatory dysfunction.
- Mild endometriosis – stage I & II endometriosis.
Ovulation induction treatment isn’t suggested for:
- Tubul blockage – sever tubal damage.
- Diminshed ovarian reserve
- Sever male infertility – low sperm count – less sperm motility and morphology.
- Advance female age (>40 years)
- Advance stages of endometriosis.
Take the first step today